Bayer Leverkusen | "Did not want to go here": Völler enthuses Bayer

After his time as Managing Director, Audi Roller moves the roles at Bayer Leverkusen at the end of the season. For the former top striker, clubs is still an important value in football.

I admit: I've always been a bit of romantics, said the managing director of the Bundesliga club Bayer Leverkusen in an interview of the Frankfurter general Sunday newspaper.

KAI

He actually had a wire for the clubs for whom he played. You like to call the old-fashioned, but that's it in me, said the 61-year-old. Even after the respective transfers, he usually had the feeling of making the old club somehow faithful to stay.

The 1990 World Champion gives his post at the end of the season as Managing Director Bayer and moves from the operating business to the shareholder committee of the association.

Roller had come to Leverkusen in 1994 and is interrupted by his time as DFB team boss and remained as a coach of the AS Rome - at Bayer.

There is hardly a position that I did not hire here, looked back the former world-class striker. He was players, captain, Bayers director, two times coaches, Bayer chief and managing director Bayers.

But I could always be the one I am now, he said. After a certain time I did not want to go here, even if I had the opportunity in between. If you experience a club from so many perspectives, then you identify at the end of totally.

Comments